6. Urban and Regional Science Student Organization (URSSO)
The URSSO, serving as the Urban and Regional Sciences doctoral student representative organization in the Department of Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning at Texas A&M University, exists to share and discuss individual and collective concerns pertaining to its members and to advocate for their interests in their graduate, academic and research, and professional and career development experiences.
The URSSO is established to provide an officially recognized graduate student organization at Texas A&M University in order to:
- Serve as a collective voice for students in the Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning’s Urban and Regional Sciences (URSC) doctoral program.
- Foster a climate in which all URSC doctoral students feel a sense of community and belonging.
- Establish open and effective communications among the URSSO members, other students, faculty, staff and the Graduate Student Council of Texas A&M.
- Encourage academic and research interactions among the URSSO members and between the members and faculty and staff at the department, college and university levels.
- Provide and coordinate professional and career development opportunities that will benefit URSSO members.
- Promote the prestige, reputation, and recognition of the Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning at the local, state, national, and international levels.