Admissions Process for the MLPD
The following items must be submitted to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions:
1. Application: Apply online at applytexas.org. Create new application for Land and Property Development.
2. Application Fee: Pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee. Applicants who wish to pay by credit card may do so as part of the online application. Please view theOffice of Admissions website for more information.
3. Official Transcripts: An official transcript from all colleges and universities attended, including graduate work must be sent to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
4. Test Scores: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M. Use code 6003 for reporting GRE scores (Department code not needed). Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores must also be submitted to Texas A&M’s Office of Admissions.
5. Permanent Resident Card/I-551/I-485 (Immigrants to the United States only):Permanent residents must submit a copy of the front side of their Permanent Resident card or proof of issuance of an I-551. Applicants for permanent residency must submit a copy of their I-485 indicating that an application to adjust status to permanent resident is pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
6. Proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis: Please visit the bacterial meningitis information page for more information. Applicants over the age of 22 are exempt from this requirement.
The Office of Admissions website contains all general information pertinent to applying for graduate degree programs at Texas A&M. Please note: Include an e-mail address with each item submitted to Texas A&M University. DO NOT send your resume, letters of recommendation or statement of purpose to the Office of Admissions address (listed directly above). GRE scores will not be waived!
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (979) 845-1060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items must be submitted to the Land and Property Development Program:
1. Three (3) letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation must be obtained from individuals with knowledge of the applicant's academic and professional potential.
2. Professional Resume: Resumes should include your employment history, educational record, and other information appropriate to a business resume.
3. Statement of Purpose: One to two pages, about the applicant's purpose in pursuing a Master of Science in Urban Land Development.
Please send the above items (letters of recommendation, resume, and statement of purpose) to the following address:
Master of Land and Property Development
Texas A&M University
Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
College Station, TX 77843-3137
Please note: DO NOT send application, GRE scores, TOEFL score, and application fee to the department (listed directly above). Please include an e-mail address with each item submitted.
Contact the department with any questions:
Sending application materials to the wrong address will delay the application review process.
Applications cannot be reviewed without all necessary information: transcripts, GRE scores, TOEFL score, portfolio (if required), letters of recommendation and statement of purpose.
The application fee cannot be waived or paid for by the department.
Applicants may check their application status online via the Applicant Information System (AIS).